DERBY HGV MEDICALS T 07476 011 352
Telephone: 07779 119619 or Click Below to Book Online
1. Cancellation policy - In the unfortunate circumstance where you may have to cancel an appointment we will refund full payment if notified more than 3 working days (Monday-Friday) prior to your appointment. There will be a £5 administration charge. Cancellations made less than 3 working days (Monday-Friday) will result in no refund being issued. If we are unable to provide you with a medical on the day which you have booked a full refund will be given in the event that we cannot rebook you on another suitable day and time.
2. If you do not bring the required items to the medical then the Dr will not be able to complete your medical and no refund will be given.
3. The Doctor you see for your medical does not decide whether you pass or fail your medical the decision is made by the relevant licencing body whether that is the DVLA or ACU or MSA or Local Council.
4. The DVLA stipulate that on the day of the medical when the Doctor records your blood pressure that it needs to be under 180/100. Normally most councils also follow the same rule. If your blood pressure is equal or above 180/100 despite the 3 readings 5 minutes apart as per the DVLA policy then it is likely that the DVLA will deem you unfit to drive until your blood pressure is controlled. Unfortunately we are unable to reimburse you for any loss of earnings as a result of this occurance. This is a DVLA policy and target which has been determined by them.
5. Photographic ID is required to be brought to all medical appointments - acceptable forms are ID are - Photo Card Driving Licence, Passport, CPC Card or a Driver Card. If you do not bring photographic ID to your appointment we will be unable to do your medical and you will need to rebook and pay the medical fee again for another day.
5. The eye test regulations have changed for professional drivers who wear glasses (not contact lenses) when driving. You now have to bring along to the medical assessment an opticians prescription which, is dated within 4 months of the date of the medical. This needs to state the corrected and uncorrected visual acuity for us to enter the information into the eyetest section of the D4 Paperwork. The visual acuity is not your prescription and is not normally recorded on your prescription.
If you do not have one you can see an optician either before or after the medical who will complete the first page of the D4 form.
6. Please ensure you arrive on time. If you are late for your appointment we have no obligation to see you. By all means ring us if you have a problem on the day of the medical and we will see what we can do.
7. Please ensure you have booked the correct type of medical ie if you are wanting a DVLA D4 Medical you need to book one of those as the items which you are required to bring are different for DVLA D4 medicals and Motorsport Medicals. If you attend for eg a motorsport medical but wanted a DVLA D4 Medical and you haven't brought the correct items for a DVLA D4 Medical then you will be required to rebook and pay for the DVLA D4 Medical and no refunds will be given for any incorrect bookings made by yourself or a third party who has booked the medical for you.
8. We no longer offer Taxi medicals. If you book for a HGV or PSV or Motorsport Medical and actually want a taxi medical doing then a refund will only be offered in line with the 3 working days cancellation policy. If you reschedule your appointment to a later date then ask for a cancellation 50% fee will be given only as you have attempted to manipulate the cancellation policy and circumvent the 3 working day cancellation policy.
Booking Terms and Conditions